Friday, February 3, 2012

Garbage Truck Driver

Every time homework or studying gets hard, I wonder what my life would be like if I was a garbage truck driver. How menial and simple yet vastly important for our society to run properly. I wouldn't have to take anymore Organic Chemistry exams, or work on anymore scientific papers, or even lab reports to write and review. Homework would become nonexistent, studying would be pointless, and my brain would melt away.

As soon as I think about it very hard and long I know that I can't be a garbage truck driver. Even though I am lazy, kind of clumsy, and pretty much a slob, I feel like I would never want to let my mind go. I let my muscles go after high school ended. I used to be toned and incredible athlete now I am just skinny and ordinary with some muscles left. I just can't let my brain go. I love to problem solve and explore the unexplainable. Some of the work I do now bores me and leaves me wondering what I actually am interested in.

I didn't know my favorite subject was math; until I stopped having to take it in college. The last math class I took was my senior year and it was Vector Calculus (Calc 3) and Differential Equations. I didn't know that I wouldn't want that to be my last math class. I didn't know that I actually like solving math problems. I like how numbers and equations are all interconnected and that almost everything can be solved or even explained by math.

Mathematical Biology. That was my first choice of a major, but I screwed myself out that chance. Very few colleges and universities offer mathematical biology as a major, and the ones that do are very expensive. I hope I can pursue that in grad school, but we will see.

Anyways, I think about being a garbage truck driver to help me think about what I want to do with my life. That I want keep learning and growing. I am not saying it is a bad job or even an unimportant job, I am saying it's not the job for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment