Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Obsession

Well technically it isn't really "new" but I google everything I don't know when I am talking to people about anything. For instance when someone mentions an unknown actor played a major role in some movie I like to look them up purely to see who the hell they were talking about. I google just about anything too. For a college sophomore, I sure have an abundance of useless information stored, when it should be important science stuff that I'll need when, and if I become a doctor. I am pretty sure my patients will think I am crazy when I tell them that the actor who plays Eric Northman in TrueBlood was also in Zoolander as one the stupid funny models (and if I become a pediatrician, the kids will definitely think I am crazy).

So why do I do it? I guess something triggers in my mind that I just have to know everything there is to know about useless trivial facts. It is fun to quote them at random times. Like for instance my family will be having an intelligent conversation and I will blurt out some miscellaneous fact. Thankfully my family is used to this and most of my friends. But I do get the expression "Where the hell did that come from?!"

I guess my favorite thing to do with my google obsession is to prove my brother wrong when I know he is wrong. I am sure it gets on his nerves but hey he has a smart phone too and he can look up what he is about to say if it is true before I beat him to the punch.

1 comment:

  1. I do this too! Especially in the company of certain know-it-alls!

    ReplyDelete