Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weirdness

I really don't post as often as I intend to. Seriously. It's like my brain has so many interesting thoughts, yet I forget to write them down and then they are lost forever. For instance today as I walked to Organic Chemistry (ewwwww) I noticed Boomerang guy in front of Old Main (I think every college has an Old Main so I won't explain it). If you have ever been to U of A in the last two years at about 8:00-9:00am there is a guy that stands in front of Old Main and throws his boomerang (verb: boomeranging?). He is pretty incredible too. Every time he throws it, it always comes back to him! And he throws it far too. I like having morning classes just so when I walk to them, and feel like dying because I am way too tired, watching him throw his boomerang cheers me up. Maybe in some weird way to represents life throwing away your problems only for them to come right back to you. Or it just means when you get old that little hobbies like that are most enjoyable.

I don't have something like that. I don't go out and throw anything. I don't play ultimate frisbee (to my parents dismay). I don't play a sport any more at all. Today, was the first day that I realized I really miss playing on a team. I used to swim and play tennis in high school. I miss going out and working out, but playing as well. Working out gets so boring when its not a sport or hobby. Treadmills are lame. Weights don't talk to you. Everyone in the gym is so occupied with themselves it feels lonely. Maybe I'll pick up tennis again or join a frisbee league (don't get your hopes up dad, I said maybe) or even just go outside and learn a new sport.

College makes me miss going out and just playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment