Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Things Going on in My Life

So I am going to work my way backwards describing the week I just had. I just finished my best lab report I have ever written for organic chemistry. I would seriously frame it, that's how proud I am. I got my ear checked out because it ballooned to twice the size it normally is and was red hot and super itchy. Totally lame and totally unattractive. I learned several possible ways to wear my hair with hats, bandannas, etc so no one had to look at my grotesque ear. Seriously folks it is bad!

My ear got infected for a couple of reasons. Apparently my run of zero accidents or incidents occurring in ochem lab has never lasted longer than one week. I was working with four harmful very irritant chemicals that were as follows, DMF (N,N-dimethylformamide), chloroform, cobalt (II) acetate, and benzaldehyde. Yes folks I am a royal idiot, a complete klutz, and a buffoon. Even though I was wearing all the safety precautions known to man (i.e. gloves, lab coat, clothing that covered my skin, and goggles) I managed to forget I was working with irritating chemicals and I touched my right ear several times to adjust my goggles through out the lab.

Yes. I got chemicals on pretty much the only exposed skin I had. My ear is pissed the fuck off at me. I had to remove my newly pierced Rook (RIP favorite piercing ever) because my ear got so big and so angry that it decided to hate my earring too.

Wait folks, me being an idiot does not stop here. I touched my ear loads of times to scratch it, then changed my belly button piercing. Yup. My belly button is infected now too. Remember? I am a huge buffoon???

Anyways, I have been to urgent care and my dermatologist, I am on a fuck load of antibiotics and have to rub cream in hopes of not having to *gasp* undergo a painful procedure of draining my ear.

I have learned my lesson. Do not touch harmful chemicals and then touch my ear. Clearly this will be embedded with me forever because it has been such a painful, miserable, sleep deprived week which I am so glad is over. (I base my weeks off of labs obviously, I know that Wednesday is not the beginning of the week).

Lastly, the best part of my week is owed to my mother. She walked me through every step of the way, and when I called her crying in pain at six o'clock in the morning, she got up straight away and drove the hour and forty-five minutes from Phoenix down to Tucson. I can honestly say, no matter what age I am, having my mom hug me and take care of me in my time of need was the greatest feeling in the world. That woman makes me so incredibly honored that I am her daughter. I hope to be a mother just like her. She is amazing and really special. And mother, I know you are reading this because you always do, I love you so much from the bottom of my heart and words cannot express how happy I was that you came to my rescue.

1 comment:

  1. This was very sweet :) Love you baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete